Are you interested in pursuing a career in farming and agriculture in Canada? In this post, we will guide you on how to apply for LMIA-approved farm worker jobs in Canada, specially tailored for foreigners in 2023. These opportunities are spread across various regions of Canada, facilitated through the Agriculture Worker Program within the Agriculture Stream. The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code for farm workers is 85100.
We will provide you with a comprehensive overview of finding a farm worker job, securing a work permit, and thriving in Canada’s agricultural sector. Farming is among the most in-demand professions in Canada, and the best part is, that you can apply for these positions with a secondary education and without any prior work experience
Details of Farm Worker Jobs in Canada for Foreigners in 2023
- Job Type: Farm Worker
- Eligibility: Canadians and International Candidates from any country
- LMIA: Yes, Positive LMIA Approved
- Visa Type: Agriculture Worker
- Duration of Stay: 2-3 Years
- Eligible NOC Codes: 80020, 80021, 82030, 82031, 84120, 85100, 85101, and 85103
- Required Education: Secondary or Higher
- Employment Type: Permanent
Canada Agriculture Worker Program: Agriculture Stream
The Agriculture Stream under the Canada Agriculture Worker Program allows employers and farming owners in Canada to hire temporary foreign workers from around the world.
Eligible Occupations Under the Agriculture Stream
- 80020: Managers in Agriculture
- 80021: Managers in Horticulture
- 82030: Agriculture and Farm Supervisors
- 82031: Ground Maintenance
- 84120: Machinery Operators
- 85100: Livestock Labourers
- 85101: Harvesting (Vegetables, Fruit Picker)
- 85103: Nursery
How to Find LMIA Approved Farm Worker Jobs in Canada for 2023
Step 1: Visit the Job Bank Canada website.
Step 2: Click on the “Advanced” option.
Step 3: Scroll down the page and select the option “Canadians and international candidates” at the end.
Step 4: In the “Job title” field, enter “85100” or any other eligible code mentioned above.
Step 5: Press Enter and click on “View Results” to see a list of Farm Worker Jobs in Canada for Foreigners in 2023.
Step 6: Open any job posting, read the description, and apply online.
Benefits for Farm Workers
- The hourly wage starts from $16.00 to $22/hour.
- Staff accommodation is provided.
- Relocation costs are covered by the employer.
- Some employers in Canada offer training.
- No higher education or qualification is required; you can apply with a diploma or secondary education.
- Candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit can apply.
As per the Agriculture Stream Program Requirements, employers must cover the following costs for the employee:
- Transportation: Employers must arrange and pay for round-trip transportation to and from the TFW’s place of work in Canada and their country of residence.
- Housing: Employers must provide TFWs with adequate, suitable, and affordable housing.
- Health Insurance: Employers should also cover health insurance for their employees.
How to Apply for the Work Permit
The first step is to apply for a job and receive an approved offer letter. Your employer will help you with the work permit application process and the required documents.
Once you both are agreed and have all the documents you need to apply for a work permit.